DOGTOWN is open but remains closed to the general public and walk-in services
Thank you for your patience and support through this time
of recuperation for small businesses.
We are currently not accepting new clients as we are focusing our efforts on servicing existing clients who were displaced during the Covid-19 shutdown.
Many of our clients' pets are going to be needing grooming and clipping during the COVID-19 shutdown. We wish so much that we could groom them for you!
We have compiled a list of grooming tools and products and with specifics on what tools you may need according to the breed of dog you own.
If you are considering bathing your dog at home, or using a clipper or scissors on your dog, please be extremely cautious and gentle. Sharp blades and shears can cause huge dammage! Move slowly and be aware of what exactly is going through your clipper blades or what is situated between your scissors.
If you require guidance, PLEASE don't hesitate to private message us for help through our Facebook page or Instagram @DogtownJordan. We may even be able to offer a video chat session to help guide you.
All of the above should offer shipping to your home or curbside pick ups.
(I have tried to keep the list cost effective as well)
• For all purpose brushing medium to long coated breeds (Shih tzus, Yorkies, Doodles, med length Shepherds, Goldens, etc) you will need a slicker brush:
👆🏻 And a metal comb to check for tangles such as this one:
• For med-long double-coated dogs (Goldens, shepherds, Huskies, etc you may also need an undercoat rake such as this one:
👆🏻We recommend a metal comb as well for checking knots and for removing undercoat from legs etc
• For short haired shedding breeds (Beagles, JRT, Labrador retrievers, etc) we recommend a rubber Currie brush similar to this one:
👆🏻 A comb would also be helpful for those with slightly thicker coats
👆🏻 You may use a furminator tool but be careful not to over use them as they do CUT the coat and will cause skin irritation
• For shampoos we recommend the following:
And/or for itchy doggies:
• For detangling we recommend:
• For keeping eye areas clean and fresh on your Shih Tzu’s, Maltese, and other weepy eyed dogs we recommend:
• For ear cleaning we recommend:
• For nail trimming:
Line brushing tutorial (Especially for doodle breeds and any dog that requires haircuts):
Brushing and eye care:
Eye/nose bridge trimming:
Overview of clipping your dog at home:
(PLEASE be extremely cautious if you are attempting to clip your dog yourself!.)
Other important tips for home clipping before you watch this video:
* Do NOT use the #10 or #30 blade that comes with your clipper set. You must use at least a #7, #5, or #4 blade to avoid shaving your dog bald and leaving them itchy and even more uncomfortable! You will have to purchase these blades separately.
* #10 blades can be used in the sanitary/groin areas and eye areas only!
* Avoid trimming too close to the ear leather, if you do trim your dogs ears, please trim with your scissors moving outward toward the tip of the ear, not toward the bell of the ear as they are being trimmed in this video.
* To avoid irritation of the bum area, trim around the anus with scissors as opposed to shaving, but do not point your scissors UP, keep them at a diagonal angle in case your dog decides to sit!
* Exercise extra caution around eyes, ears, lip lines, armpits, tuck ups (where the belly meets the back legs), genitals, nipples, back leg tendons, toes and pads! We strongly advise against trimming into the pads with scissors, use your clipper if possible and avoid digging too much.
* This is a home grooming video shared from and made by a non-professional dog owner, not a professional grooming tutorial. We chose this video to keep things more simple and realistic for what you may experience at home :)
Any questions or concerns please MESSAGE or EMAIL us! We are here to help.
For 7 years, we have been serving the pets and families of our local areas. We love caring and connecting with dogs and creating everlasting relationships. We provide care for your fur baby as if they were our own, and ensure that they receive the highest quality care while in the salon.
with years of EXPERIENCE and ongoing grooming education, your dog is in the best hands with the groomers at dogtown. add to that years of satisfied owners and beloved pets & you can be sure to rely on us for the best quality care for your pet.
We are always prepared for any pets' needs and ensure that your pet will receive the best care and love. Their happiness and care is our priority and we strive to provide a service we would want our own pets to receive.
Includes: Bath & fluff, haircut, nail trimming, ear cleaning, cuddles
ex. Shih Tzu, Maltese, Yorkshire Terrier, etc
ex. Border Collie, Wheaten Terrier, Cocker Spaniel, etc
ex. Bernese Mountain Dog, Golden Retriever, Golden Doodle, etc
Includes: Bath & fluff, brush out, nail trimming, ear cleaning
nails clipped only.
Extra charges may apply to more challenging dogs
nail trimming, followed by filing with dremmel or hand file
Trimming over the eyes and eye corners
trimming of the sanitary areas including under tail
trimming of the pads, and in between toes.
usually combined with nail trimming
all prices are fully dependent on size and coat condition - extra charges may apply
We love caring for dogs!
Please contact us to arrange a visit, or for any inquiries you may have.
3775 19th Street Jordan Station, ON L0R 1S0 CA
10:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m.
09:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 07:00 p.m.
09:00 a.m. – 02:00 p.m.
08:30 a.m. – 04:30 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m.
Hours are subject to change depending on many circumstances, if you are planning a visit close to opening or closing hours, we recommend calling or DM'ing us ahead of time to verify!